This is a photo block display that I came up with that has the chevron pattern.
***This post contains affiliate links, if you click on an affiliate link & buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. The affiliate money I earn helps pay the expenses to keep this site running. Please read my full advertising disclosure for more info. Thanks so much for your support!***
This diy project was simple, and if you have a chevron stencil that would make it even simpler. (I do now) This one was all drawn off and painted by hand.
Michaels has a great collection of stencils, and if you bring up the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon on your phone or print it out, they will honor it. Can’t beat that!
How To Make A Photo Block
* I used a 2 by 8 cut 8″ and gave it a quick sanding.
* Paint the block with burnt umber acrylic paint. The burnt umber will show through later when you give it another sanding.
* Once dry I painted the block white.
* Then I made me a chevron pattern out of paper and drew the pattern off on my wood block.
* Painted my chevron strips with pink acrylic paint.
* Once dry lightly sand the edges, sides and front of your block, till you get the shabby look you desire.
* I made a fabric rosette with muslin and hot glue.
* I cut thin strips from muslin fabric different lengths.
* Gather the muslin strips making them even on one end.
* Using a piece of wire about 4” long, wrap it around the end of the muslin to hold the strips together leaving a 1” tail.
* Drill a hole just a little larger than the wire on one side of your block.
* Add a dap of wood glue to the end of the wire and stick the end into the hole, letting the muslin strips hang down one side of your block.
* Use hot glue and glue the rosette onto the muslin wire wrapped end.
* Once the glue dries, lay down flat and using your wood glue again, and glue a small wooden clothes pin (painted pink) at the top of your block.
How do you like my photo (-;