This small Diy vintage zebra print block with cross was a very easy project made somewhat like the larger vintage wood blocks that I made a few weeks ago. Except I used fabric here instead of scrapbook paper.
***This post contains affiliate links, if you click on an affiliate link & buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. The affiliate money I earn helps pay the expenses to keep this site running. Please read my full advertising disclosure for more info. Thanks so much for your support!***
- Small wood block stained
- Scrap fabric
- Mod Podge
- Wood burner
- Vintage pull knobs
- Metal cross
- Paint brush
- Turquoise acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Cut your fabric slightly smaller then the wood block
- Burn the edges of your fabric using your wood burner.
- Glue it to your wooden block using Mod Podge.
- While that’s drying take your metal cross and paint it with your turquoise paint.
- Once the cross dries use your black acrylic paint, watered down some, then paint over the turquoise getting into the grooves. Let set a few seconds then lightly wipe off the black leaving it in the grooves.
- Drill a hole in the top for your vintage pull knob, add a dap of wood glue to hold it in place.
- Now glue your cross on, let dry and that’s it.
These cute little DIY Vintage Zebra Print Block With Cross are so easy to make, and can be used in so many projects. You can add embellishments, a photo, stencil something on them, etc.
How would you decorate it? What would you make?