One of the hubbies favorite candy bars is the Almond Joy, and I had some leftover coconut flakes from another recipe. So I decided to surprise him by coming up with a recipe “Chocolate Almond Coconut Bites” that would taste something like the Almond Joy bar.
How To Make Chocolate Almond Coconut Bites
1. First place the chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, until the chocolate morsels are soft.
2. Add the coconut flakes, and almond slivers to the bowl of melted chocolate morsels.
3. Mix everything together.
4. Place a piece of waxed or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet, and then drop the chocolate mixture using small spoonful at a time onto the wax paper.
5. Go back and add one whole almond on top of each spoonful of chocolate.
6. Place cookie sheet into the refrigerator or freezer for chocolate to harden.
Once the chocolate almond coconut bites are hard you can remove them and place them into a plastic bag.
The hubby loved his chocolate almond coconut bites and they were so easy to make.
What is your favorite chocolate candy?
*This post contains affiliate links, if you click on an affiliate link & buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. The affiliate money I earn helps pay the expenses to keep this site running. Please read my disclosure for more info. Thanks so much for your support!*