Paper and Wire Wrapped Bead Tutorial

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Beads
Tools you will need:
Round nose pliers, flush cutters, chain nose pliers, ruler, copper wire 18 gauge and 20 gauge, paint brush, some kind of adhesive sealant and protector for decoupage (such as Mod Podge or Liquitex), and an old book with aged pages.
Optional: Liver of sulfur, steel wool

Tools Needed To Make Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Beads

Tools Needed To Make Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Beads

1. First tear out a few aged pages from an old book. (To age your own pages.) Take your paint brush and adhesive/sealant of your choice. Coat both sides of you pages, twice, let dry between coats.

Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Bead Tutorial

2. Cut 2 ½ inch pieces from your 18 gauge copper wire for however many beads that you want to make.

Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Bead Tutorial

3. With the 2 ½” wires you just cut make simple straight loop links. When you get all your links made, and you would like them to be oxidized. Then now is the time to apply your liver of sulfur. Go ahead and cut 3 – 4 pieces of your 20 gauge copper wire approximately 1 ½ to 2 feet long (you can wrap 3 or 4 beads with 2 ft. pieces. Apply the liver of sulfur to these pieces as well. Use steel wool to clean and polish. Your links can go in a tumbler if you have one.

Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Bead Tutorial

4. Cut your aged paper into strips, long ways. Cut them just a little smaller than the area between the loops on your links, approximately ¾”. So that you will have plenty of room to make a wrap on each side of the loop, between the link loop and the paper.

Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Bead Tutorial

5. Start rolling one end of the aged paper strip (just enough to get a little curl in the end to make it easier to get started rolling). Unroll, and now place the link at the end of the paper in the little curl and start rolling. Roll as much as you want, depending on the size of bead that you want. Be sure to keep the paper straight as you roll. When you get to where you have about an inch left to roll, apply some of your adhesive/protector to the underside and finish rolling. Wipe off any excess, hold for a little bit till it starts to stick, then set your first wire wrapped paper bead to the side to dry, and repeat step #5 till you finish rolling the rest. Let dry overnight.

Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Bead Tutorial

6. Now take your long pieces of wire and make two wraps in between the link loop and edge of the paper, now continue up onto the paper for 4 or 5 wraps then back down to the area in between the paper and loop, make to wraps. Cut the ends of the wire and press down the ends. So you will have a neat wrap. Continue step #6 till you have all the wire wrapped paper beads done.

Copper Wire Wrapped Paper Bead Tutorial

Do you make jewelry? If so what media do you use most? Wire, stringing, etc.
Did you like this? If so Please share.

This tutorial is Featured at Craftuts.com

All about jewelry making and handmade jewelry

Too Much Time On My Hands
Shady porch ROCK-N-SHARE

DIY projects and crafts

Freubelweb

Creations by Kara

It's a Blog Party

Photobucket

refab button

Tales Of A Trophy Wife
The Space Between
Ugly Duckling- Mercury Glass Lamps & Living Room Makeover
Find this tutorial on Craftstylish.

Did you like this? Share it:

About Linda @ Mixed Kreations

Hi, I'm Linda. Born and raised in Texas. Mother of two, and grandmother of four. I am a diy'er that has always loved creating things, for as long as I can remember. I squeeze my creating in between my full time job, family time, housework, and gardening. You can find me at my website or blog Mixed Kreations.
This entry was posted in Tutorials and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Paper and Wire Wrapped Bead Tutorial

1. Kimberly says:

Adorable, like little treasure maps! Wonderful job on your tutorial.

2. Pingback: Vintage Button Bouquet | Mixed Kreations Jewelry/Craft Blog

3. Pingback: Paper beads with a Wire Wrap · Jewelry Making | CraftGossip.com

4. The Crazier Sister says:

I love this. I’ve shared it on my FB page; http://www.facebook.com/CrazyCreativeCorner

5. Pingback: Tutorial on How to Age Paper | Mixed Kreations Jewelry/Craft Blog

6. Jane says:

Hi Linda,

I really like your idea of making paper beads and wire wrapping them. I featured your tutorial on my blog to share it to everyone! Check it out here: http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/2012/02/featured-tutorial-paper-and-wire.html

Cheers!
    Jane

7. Pingback: Sliding Knot | Mixed Kreations Jewelry/Craft Blog

8. Pingback: Paper and Wire Wrapped Bead Tutorial

9. Pingback: 8 ideas para hacer bisuteria con papel

10. Pingback: Making beads « Moon and Shadow: About Paganism

• Linda says:

Yes these unique beads would be great in a lot of different jewelry designs. Fun to make too!
      Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again.
      Linda

11. Jewelry blog says:

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very useful info particularly the remaining part :) I take care of such info a lot. I used to be looking for this certain info for a very long time. Thanks and good luck.

12. Linda says:

Thank you for stopping by.

13. Jenny says:

This looks so awesome! Thanks for linking up to Lovely Things Thursday!

• Linda says:

Thank you Jenny. You have a lovely blog. I love the butterfly wing pendant, and your earring cards are really cool.
      I see more have added there link to the party. I will have to check them out to. Thank you for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful day.
      Best Wishes,
      Linda

14. Gail says:

I just pinned these on my pinterest board…love them! I would love to use one of my old Bibles that’s falling apart so I could wear God’s Word : )
    Thanks for sharing these. I’ve been doing some wire-wrapping, so I’m glad to have found your site.

• Linda says:

Gail, I think that would be lovely. I went to the half price book store and found be an old book with bible verses in it to use. Thanks for stopping by.

15. Kei says:

Fantastic idea! I love the aged style of them! Thanks for the tutorial–pinning for future reference :)

16. Emily says:

What type of sealant do you use? I’ve never worked with paper products before, so I have no idea what to go out and purchase! Very cute, though :)

• Linda says:

Thanks Emily! I used liquitex in this project, because thats what I had on hand. But you can use Mod Podge too. Thanks for stopping by.

17. Pingback: How to Make Fabric Rag Beads | Mixed Kreations Jewelry/Craft Blog

18. Craftuts says:

Thank you for this great tutorial!
    We have just featured it on our site craftuts

19. Pingback: Work-table Wednesday | The Sinister Scribe

• Linda says:

Love the necklace. It turned out really nice. Love your beads (-; And your little book is so cute.Thank you for stopping by and showing me your pretty necklace and thanks for posting a link to my tutorial. Nice polymer clay items in your Etsy shop.
      Linda

20. Tammie E says:

Great idea~ I shared this today on my “Pinterest Monday” blog post. I have included a link back to you for proper credit of your idea/tutorial. Thanks!

21. Pingback: DIY Wire Wrapped Rose Ring | Mixed Kreations Jewelry/Craft Blog

22. Pingback: Ideas divertidas para accesorios y bijou reciclada » El blog de LosAbalorios.com

23. Michele says:

Thank you so much for this artical. I have been wanting to this for some time now and with your tutorial I can. It was easy to understand and the pics were great. I have a great deal of old jewelry from family who have passed on and now, with this technique, I hope to capsulate some of the memories for other family. Thanks again.

24. Pingback: Paper and Wire Beads » unikatissima's

25. Pingback: Papier- und Drahtperlen » unikatissimas

26. Pingback: Literary Paraphernalia: 10 Ways to Upcycle Old, Beat Up Books | The Poetics Project

27. Heather says:

These are great! Thanks for the tutorial :)