These Santa Suit painted jar and tin can was inspired by a picture I found over on Pinterest, the actual post was for a “Santa Painted Mason Jar”, over at “I Dig Pinterest“, I thought that it was so cute I would make one from a jar and another from a tin can.
***This post contains affiliate links, if you click on an affiliate link & buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. The affiliate money I earn helps pay the expenses to keep this site running. Please read my full advertising disclosure for more info. Thanks so much for your support!***
How to Make a Santa Suit Painted Jar and Tin Can
1. Wash and clean any sticky gunk off your jar and tin can
2. Give both two coats of red acrylic paint, let dry thoroughly between coats.
3. Using black acrylic paint add Santa’s belt.
4. Add a coat of Ceramcoat Glitter Ice paint (similar paint).
5. Hammer a soda can pull tab flat, then bent it to give it a slight curve.
6. Hot glue 1-2 black buttons on the upper potion of your Santa jar and can.
7. Hot glue the soda bull tab onto Santa’s belt.
That’s all there is to it, these Santa Suit Painted Jar and Tin can are a simple and quick project. You can use to put a gift in, hold utensils for a Christmas party, or add some greenery, poinsettias, berries, and cinnamon sticks for a cute table setting.