This shabby home decor is something I made while stuck in the house because of the ice and snow.
I picked up this vintage tag, and a few others last time I was at the Canton Trade Day. I wish I had of bought a few more now. Oh well gives me an excuse to go back, if I needed one. But the hubby loves going as much as I do.
To Make This Shabby Home Decor Wood Block Sign
- I cut a piece of 2″ by 8″ about 10″ long, then gave it a quick sanding.
- Next I base coated the wood block with grey acrylic paint.
- Then I dry brushed a top coat of white acrylic paint. Letting some of the grey show through.
- Next I cut a piece of burlap a little bit larger than the vintage tag.
- I used Mod Podge to glue the burlap to my wooden block.
- Then I added Mod Podge to the back of the vintage tag and centered it on my burlap. (I set something heavy ontop to hold it flat while it dried).
While that was drying I made my shabby bow with muslin strips, and jute.
- Once burlap and vintage tag were dry I then added my decorative tacks to the corners of my burlap.
- Then I hot glued my bow on one side of the wooden block.
And that’s it! Love the vintage tag, will have to buy more.
How do you like my shabby wooden block with the vintage tag?
***This post contains affiliate links, if you click on an affiliate link & buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. The affiliate money I earn helps pay the expenses to keep this site running. Please read my full advertising disclosure for more info. Thanks so much for your support!***