I love soup and creamy mushroom soup is just one of my many favorites. I make my own homemade soup quite a bit, but I have never tried to make my own homemade creamy mushroom soup. So I looked through a few recipes and changed up a few ingredients and came up with this version, and it came out so yummy.
For this version of creamy mushroom soup you can use 3 cups of milk instead of powdered milk (I don’t buy milk very often because I only use it in cooking).
How To Make Creamy Mushroom Soup
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil over medium high heat.
2. In a large bowl mix powdered milk, water, and flour together.
3. Whisk milk, water, flour mixture into the boiling broth.
4. Add mushrooms, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
5. Reduce heat and simmer stirring constantly till soup thickens.
Turn off heat let set about 10 minutes, serve in your favorite soup bowl or cup and enjoy!
*This post contains affiliate links, if you click on an affiliate link & buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. The affiliate money I earn helps pay the expenses to keep this site running. Please read my full advertising disclosure for more info. Thanks so much for your support!*
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup
* 6 Cups Chicken Broth
* 2 Cups Chopped Mushrooms
* 2/3 Cups Flour
* 1 Cup Powdered Milk(affiliate)
* 3 Cups Water
* 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder(affiliate)
* 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
* 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper