Do you find loose change when doing your laundry? If so, this Diy Loose Change jar would make a cute, and handy addition hanging in your laundry room for all the loose change collected from your washer and dryer.
Continue reading to see how I made my diy loose change jar.
How To Make A Loose Change Jar Plaque
- Spray paint a Mason jar brown.
- Add 2-3 coats of turquoise colored acrylic paint to your Mason jar letting each coat dry throughly.
- Once Mason jar is completely dry take a piece of fine grit sandpaper and scuff it up a bit letting the brown undercoat show through.
- Seal Mason jar with Mod Podge.
- Add your aged Mason jar lid.
- First cut, sand, and stain a board approximately 15″ in length.
- Dry brush while acrylic paint over your stained board leaving some of the stain showing through.
- Once dry stencil your wording on.
- Add a little of turquoise paint to the edges of your letters to brighten them up.
- Drill two holes about 1 1/2″ apart in your wood where you want to attach your jar.
- Use wire to attach your jar to the wood
- Attach a handmade wire hook for hanging.
And there you have it. A cute loose change jar to hang in the laundry room to toss loose coins found when doing the laundry.
Once full treat yourself to a nice dinner, or buy yourself something special.