I want to share 14 Wood working safety tips for those that enjoy working with wood. I love working with wood creating my wood crafts because wood working is a very enjoyable, and fulfilling hobby, But can be very dangerous.
- Read you owners manual before using any power tool.
- Only use tools for the specific task that it was designed for.
- Inspect all power tools prior to using. Check all movable parts to see that they are secure.
- Before plugging or unplugging tools, make sure the power switch is in the OFF position.
- Never pull the cord to disconnect from the outlet.
- Use a ground fault circuit interrupter when working with power tools.
- Use proper lighting.
- Store electric tools in a dry place when not in use.
- Never use electric power tools in damp or wet areas unless approved for that purpose.
- Ensure that power tool cords do not present a tripping hazard.
- DO NOT use damaged power tools.
- Do Not wear loose clothes that can get caught in power tools.
- Keep long hair pinned up.
- Don’t forget to wear a mask.
Most accidents result from using the wrong tool for the job, or using it incorrectly, failure to wear proper protection. Just by following some basic rules, you can protect yourself from injuries.
Please take a moment to review these tips.
I hope these 14 wood working safety tips help you stay safe so that you can have a long and enjoyable life of wood working.
*This post contains affiliate links, if you click on an affiliate link & buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. The affiliate money I earn helps pay the expenses to keep this site running. Please read my disclosure for more info. Thanks so much for your support!*