Here’s another diy vintage wood block decor. Back when I was making the wood block photo holders I kind of got hooked on these vintage blocks. They are a quick and easy diy project, and who doesn’t like quick and easy.
There are so many crafts you can make with these blocks, photo holders, Vintage Book Page Block Decor With Cross, home decor with crosses, paint something on them like a chickadee, stencil a word or script, etc.
For this vintage block I decided to use an aged book page, and a flat metal cross.
- First stain your wooden block
- I used my wood burner to burn the edges of the book page.
- Then I used Mod Podge to glue it down on my block. Add another coat over top as well.
- The metal cross I painted turquoise, then dry brushed some black acrylic paint over the turquoise in a few places.
- Lastly I drilled a hole in top center and added a vintage pull knob.
That’s it for my Vintage Book Page Block Decor With Cross! Can’t get much easier then that , and I’m happy how it turned out, and I will be making more things with these blocks of wood. (-;
Is there a particular craft project you love making, and can’t stop at just one?