Yoast SEO Plugin
The Yoast SEO plugin is a plugin that I think every blogger could benefit from, especially new bloggers. WordPress Yoast SEO plugin takes care of the techinacal part of the optimization while helping you improve your site’s SEO, write better content, and forces you to choose a focus keyword/keyword phrase when writing your post, and to use the focus keyword/keyword phrase throughout your post.
Yoast SEO plugin will let you know whether your title is too long, or short, and if your meta description makes sense in the search results. This not only helps to increase your search engine ranking, but also increases click through for organic search results.
Notice in the snippet preview above that my focus keyword phrase is in the article heading, page title, page URL, page content, and meta description.
Yoast SEO Page Analysis
The WordPress Yoast
SEO Box has a tab titled page analysis which is a preview that features a report of the content for the current post that your working on. Which is beneficial in helping optimize the content in your post by checking simple things that you may have forgotten.
* Title contains keyword/keyword phrase.
* Whether your images have alt tags that contain your focus keyword/keyword phrase of the post.
* Checks whether your post is too long, or if it’s below the 300 word recommended minimum.
* If you’ve wrote your meta description that contains your focus keyword/keyword phrase.
* Using Subheadings in your post.
* Whether your post contains any outbound links
* Keyword density
* If your keyword/keyword phrase appears in the first paragraph of your post.
All of these things combined makes it easier on you by helping to make sure that your post is the type of content search engines love.
* Messages will let you know whether you need to do something like add images, or your focus keyword/keyword phrase.
* Warnings let you know things like your keyword/keyword phrase does not appear in the post title.
* Notices are concerns about the meta description, page title, number of outbound links, length of post.
* And more.
Yoast SEO Advanced Tab
This is a snippet view of the Yoast SEO Advanced Tab, I haven’t used this tab yet. It has to do with the meta robots index, do follow, and no follow.
Yoast SEO Social Tab
This is a preview of the social tab where you can add a different title, description, and image for Facebook posting, and a different title and description for Twitter.
This is another tab I haven’t tried yet but I believe could be very useful.
I think you get the idea how helpful the Yoast SEO Plugin can be in helping you write and optimize the content in each post, focus on a different keyword/keyword phrase for each post, and so much more. I just wish that I had known about this plugin a long time ago, it would of helped with my site’s optimization from the beginning and I wouldn’t have to be going back to optimize my older post.
The WordPress Yoast SEO Plugin makes optimization of my site so much easier by giving me warnings, and messages on what I need to do to make the search engines happy.
Do you have a awesome plugin that would help make things easier?
Other post you may like!
What makes blog commenting so important?
Two ways to grow your blog traffic.
5 reasons to start a blog
Tips for small business bloggers