Having a love for working with wood myself I put together this gift list for the wood crafter. These are all items that I use regular, and wouldn’t want to live without. I am sure any wood crafter wood love to receive any of these items as a gift. I know I would if I didn’t already have them myself.
*This post contains affiliate links, if you click on an affiliate link & buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. The affiliate money I earn helps pay the expenses to keep this site running. Please read my full advertising disclosure for more info. Thanks so much for your support!*
Gift List For The Wood Crafter
1. I use a lot of cedar pickets in my wood crafts, and since they are pretty rough they do require a bit of sanding. This Palm Sander does the job, it’s light weight, comes with a dust bag, and is easy to use.
2. This heavy duty Staple Gun has come in real handy for stapling burlap or other fabric to wood.
3. I love my Stencils , and I am slowly building up my stencil collection. They sure make adding lettering to my wood crafts so much easier, and faster.
4. I love Chalk Paint , it’s awesome. It sticks to about everything without having to use primer first. It sticks to glass, metal, wood, etc. Great stuff!!!
5. I have had my Glue Gun for years. It’s great for when you need to glue something down quickly. Great for making fabric flowers, or quick no sew items.
6. Another favor tool is our Ryobi Cordless Drill, we both use it all the time. I love it because it is cordless, and it has plenty of power for drilling and screwing things down.
7. Another awesome product that I use all the time is Mod Podge. I love this stuff! I have used it when decoupaging scrapbook paper to my repurposed chair turned bathroom shelf, for my switch plate covers, vintage wood blocks, grungy can, and more.
Nikki Frank-Hamilton says
Linda, this is a great list, I have many of the items listed myself and I love them. I would like a better glue gun, mine is a cheapy, and it does the job, but I am always fearful that it won’t work, since I use it often I would love to have a replacement on hand. The Mod Podge is another thing I would love to find in my stocking. So many cool things to do with it. I would love to make some photo canvases, they are so cool!
Linda @ Mixed Kreations says
Thanks Nikki! I was wanting to make a few more gift list for crafters, but there’s that time thing. These are all things that I use regularly. I could use a new glue gun as well. I have had mine since my girls were young but it still works, and I’m cheap, LOL. And Mod Podge is great stuff! I can’t believe that I hadn’t discovered it sooner. I’ve been wanting to try to transfer a photo to wood. Thought I could do that for Christmas gifts, but just haven’t gotten to it yet. A photo canvas would be cool too! I’ll have to add that to my long list of things to try.
Thanks for sharing this post, although I’m not a wood crafter but l have someone who will cherish all the Items on this list. This will work as Christmas gift
Linda @ Mixed Kreations says
Thank you Clavy!